Thursday, March 11, 2021

What Is It About Getting Old?!

 Today was another doctor appointment - this time for me. I had to find the new place. Had the appointment with my gastrologist. Everything went well. We arrived on time, and I was in the doctors office within 5 mins of arriving. That was a shocker! Then he showed up in the office within 5 mins of the nurse leaving. What are the odds to that?! I was back in the car where Patrick was waiting, before an hour was up. Nice! I didn't even get to get a few stitches on my embroidery. I was lucky if I got 5 stitches in. 

We came home and I decided I didn't want to go to the QOV presentation. I just wasn't in the mood. Patrick went out and worked in the garage. I sat and worked on my beading. 


I had this in - at this point - and took it out to the bottom of the fish. Then I put it all back in. It was off and the more I got off the more it was getting in the way. 

So, what is it about getting old?! At 50, the back pains come, the memory starts slipping, and we get lazy. At 60, all heck breaks loose. One minute you feel wonderful the next you can't get out of bed! The legs start swelling. The back lets you know it doesn't like the way you walk. The knees decide now is the time to show me it's had enough! Like today, I was cooking - nothing hard there. Standing - not jumping, running or even bending! Then out of the blue a pain goes through my knee. I more - even worse! I start to walk and it comes and goes. Then it wants to fold on me. What the crap did I do? Tick my knee off?! What the crap! Sat down to see if it would go away. Yep, got back up and it was gone. Go figure! Here we are....getting old and my body is telling me it doesn't like it. Even when I take the time to exercise 30 mins a day! UGH


While I am trying to write my block, Sophie decided she needed to help me. It gets interesting to type past a cat. 

At least I was able to enjoy the afternoon working on my beading. I need to get out of my slump and get back to life. I will go to moms tomorrow for quilting. I am hoping to take the 3 quilts I have and get the labels on them. Once that is done, I can take them to the museum to have them ready. One is for Art and I want to have it at the museum before he gets it. He won't let us take photos. So, we will be without photos for one of our veterans. 

Love being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Embroidery Day

This morning, I was able to sleep a little longer. Then I got everything ready for my embroidery meeting.  I was out the door early, hoping ...