Friday, March 19, 2021

Getting Back With Friends

 Today I was up early to put the bread in the oven. I made an Amish Sourdough Cinnamon Bread. It didn't come out like it should, because I messed up. I baked the 2 loaves. I throw one away, because the swirls didn't come out on that one. I took the other one to the group. I also got the quilts from the room to take with me. I needed to get a label on one. 

So, when it was time to head to our meeting, I stopped at the church to drop off a quilt, headed to the post office to mail the thumb drive to Pat K, and then went to Starbucks for my "fix." I got some iced chai tea. That was good! Then on to moms. 

I arrived before everyone. We cut the bread up for everyone. To my surprise they all liked it and eat more than one piece. I was happy. It was so good to visit. We decided to keep this group small. When we get back to the other group, we are going to only do it once a month. I can live with that! They asked for the recipe and I went on to the website to get it for them. Then I got busy putting the label on the one quilt. When I was done with that, I worked on my tablecloth - 

I was able to get this part pretty close to being done. I'm putting the French knots in the center, then I'll move on to the next part. This is the side. I did see one of the flowers that I finished, needs to be redone. It's too loose. 

After leaving moms, I headed over to Copy Depot. I wanted to shrink the pattern mom made. I was able to get a good size. Now I want to work on how I'm going to do the flowers. They are roses, with some "fluff" that will need to be worked in a different way. Then I also got 2 patterns that were enlarged. I asked for 2 copies of the same one. That way if the pattern gets torn or ripped I have another one. It's the Santa Claus by Lavender & Lace. 

Next stop was to drop off the 2 QOV quilts. I was there for a short time and chatted with Sammy, she had surgery on her shoulder. 

Got home and I ended up talking to both Sharon and mom. That took another hour of my time. Patrick wasn't too thrilled. They both needed my help. After that, I decided I was going to play games. My day was used up! At least I was Happy Stitching/HappyQuilting!

No comments:

Embroidery Day

This morning, I was able to sleep a little longer. Then I got everything ready for my embroidery meeting.  I was out the door early, hoping ...