Friday, March 12, 2021

Quilting Day

 This morning I was off to Starbucks for a tea and then to moms. I took the quilts that needed labels put on them for QOV. I figured that would give me a reason for getting them done. I took Hildi's quilts to her to do the binding. 

I arrived before everyone else. Had a few minutes with mom. We chatted about Patrick and the tears came. Wasn't planning on it, but they do tend to come when I don't expect it. We then changed the subject. Mom needed me to show her how to get books on "Libby" which is the library link. She was getting books to read and she wanted the audio books. Got her set up. About that time, the others started to show up. They all have had the vaccine with 2 getting the first one. I haven't been able to get the shot yet, but Phil said I should be in the next month's list. Since they seem to be changing things, who knows, I may get it sooner then later. Patrick has to check with his doctor to see if he can get it since he has one more surgery to go. 

I put 2 labels on 2 quilts. I have 1 more quilt to add the label to. I will try and do that before the next presentation on April 1st. There may be another one in-between. 

Had a good time with 6 of us today. We had a salad and soup. By did that fill me up. Trouble was, I had a headache and the more the day went on the worse it got. Got home and had to drink some coke. That helped a little, but not enough because I couldn't eat supper. It was starting to get my stomach. So, I finally took an Excedrin Migraine and started to get back to normal. Not sure what has been setting it off lately. 

I stopped at the museum to drop off the 2 quilts and the pillow cases. I marked the quilt for Art. So, if I don't show up, they have the quilt. I chatted with Chip too. 

My computer and wallet arrived today. I started getting my new computer set up. I still have more to do, so I'm getting Patrick to help me out. I like the new computer and the fun part is that the keyboard lights up. This computer has some of the keys missing the letters - guess I used them up. I didn't think I did that much typing! lol 

 I've been doing pretty good with my exercises. I've been at it for at least 4 months now. NO - it's not shrinking the belly, but my abs seem to be doing better. I'm not having the back pains I was having, so I guess it's helping. I am starting to lose some weight, but that may be because I'm drinking more water too. lol - I CAN DREAM! 

So, at least today was partly Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Embroidery Day

This morning, I was able to sleep a little longer. Then I got everything ready for my embroidery meeting.  I was out the door early, hoping ...