Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Trip To UW Cancer Care Alliance Today

 This morning we enjoyed a couple hours before heading up to UW. I drop us up. First we had to stop and get gas and then drop off mail. 

We were surprised at how quick we were up there. We ended up being an hour and a half early. So, we enjoyed some music in the car for a little bit before going up to the appointment. We were still an hour early. The nurse called us in the room early, but then the doctor was late, so we ended up waiting an extra 20 mins. Patrick isn't big on waiting - neither am I! 


So I was able to work on my embroidery. I was trying to figure out what would work for this bud. It's not done the way the pattern says. I like this a little better. I'm working on the petals now. Then I will go and work on the stems. Patrick helped me to decide what to do about it. 

Once she did come in, she was surprised at how well Patrick has re-cooped. He's still got a few more weeks to go before the next surgery. She is looking at May. He will have to take a couple more tests a couple weeks before. Hopefully he can have that done in Olympia. Then we were back on the road home. He wanted to try and drive home. He did a good job! We stopped at Wendy's for supper - and I was surprised at how good the food was! I've missed a good hamburger lately. 


It was an awesome day! Mt. Rainier was there in the background. It was so nice to see! The trip back took a little longer but the best part was that Patrick used the HOV lane on the way back. We passed up the slow downs and was able to save about 20 mins taking it back home. 


Of course, the signs get in the way at times!

We made it home safe and sound. Then I got to work on doing more letters for BDEIG. I have another 28 letters going out for goodie bags. What we get will help with door prizes as well. 

It was a busy day, with driving. Driving to Seattle and back is an all day trip for us. It takes about 2 hours to get up there and 2-3 hours to get home. Long trip. 

At least my day was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...