Friday, March 26, 2021

Friday At Mom's

 This morning I was up earlier than usual. I needed to go to Sandy's to get some eggs, pick up some tea, and then gas before heading to moms. 

I stopped at the cemetery to see my great grandmother's marker. At first I couldn't find it. I found my great Uncle and his wife but not great grandmothers. It took me about 5 mins to find it. The cemetery has been run down. It's not looking good! I was shocked! But then I haven't been there in a few years. The building that was close to her marker was no longer there, so it was harder to find her. 


 Instead, I found these markers that were not where they should be. It's as if someone didn't care and threw them in a pile. Records have been lost, from what I understand, but letting someone destroy graves is unforgivable. Who knows what they will do with the markers. I guess a few years back the caretaker stole all the money and there isn't any money to run the cemetery. Who knows what they will be doing. I was shocked to see this - broke my heart! I was thankful that my relatives were not among this pile. 

Then I went to moms. I worked on my tablecloth. 

I was able to finish this much. I started on the flower on the left and worked my way right. I was thrilled to get this much done. 

Came home and had to call Sharon after supper. She's still having a hard time figuring out how to do the seam in the boxes. So, I tried to explain it - yet again - over the phone. I think when she had the mini stroke, it messed up her brain that understands what she's supposed to do. Plus I think it messed with her short term memory. She can't seem to remember some things that she could before. 

I worked on the box I'm doing. I am putting the eye on the top of the box in. The fish are coming along great. 

It was a pretty good day of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Embroidery Day

This morning, I was able to sleep a little longer. Then I got everything ready for my embroidery meeting.  I was out the door early, hoping ...