Tuesday, August 10, 2021

An Interesting Day - Crafts Too

This morning I was up after Patrick. He went golfing early today. I then got laundry done, worked on putting dishes away, and picking up a little. 

For some reason, I was jittery. So, I called the shop in Lewiston to order my "Leader" name tag for QOV. Then I called Katt to see if she would pick it up for me. We made arrangements and I called them back to tell them she would be by to pick it up. 

I got a message on my phone that one of the quilts was done. There was a note. I was worried, so I went to get the quilt. It turned out, we didn't do a very good job on the top! There were things that we needed to do that wasn't done. It's a learning process with machine quilter. They said it was a "learning experience" for one of the others. I felt really bad about it. I just hope the other 2 aren't so bad. 

Then I headed downstairs to work on my embroidery piece. I wanted to get it frame to be ready for the fair. I have to take them in tomorrow. 

It wasn't big enough for the frame, so I think we will go get a round one tomorrow and see if that will work better. Not sure, but hoping it will. I wasn't happy with the way I had to add the backing to the top and the bottom of this. If it doesn't work, I may not enter this tomorrow. We'll see. I'm glad the washing worked. I was able to set the flower pieces in the directions I wanted them to be in. 

I then came up and watched more of the "Vera" shows that I had on DVR. While I was getting caught up, I worked on my cross stitching! - Yep, you heard right! I worked on my cross stitching. 

It's been awhile since I worked on this. So, I ended up ripping out some of what I put in. I did get a good 200 stitches in though. I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong. Ended up taking it out and putting it back in. I did that a couple times. Once I got going and knew where I was, it went easier. I'm betting I took out about 100 stitches (not counting what I have put in). I was thrilled to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

  

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...