Tuesday, August 31, 2021

It Was A Good Day

This morning I was up really early. Couldn't go back to sleep. So, I played for a little bit. Then we were off to Olympia once again. 

This time it was Patrick's doctor's appointment. So while he was in the doctors office, I was working on my embroidery. 


 I finished up the leaves and then started on the flower. I had started it wrong, which meant I needed to take it out. Then I put it back in. This is right, but the pattern calls for 3 petals between each quarter. I ended up with 4 because it didn't look right with 3 or I was doing it too close. Either way, I do like this. 

Came home. We took a walk. Then I went to work on my beading. 


After 3 tries - yes I took it out 3 times. It wasn't coming out right. Then I realized it was an "even" bead stitch and not an odd. Which ticked me off because the pattern doesn't say that. Nor does it tell me how many beads it has. Not that important bead count wise but it would have been nice if she would have told me it was an even count. After 3 tries I realized I needed to do the 3rd row differently. I had tried to go down to 2 rows, but then I messed that up as well. So, after supper I was finally back on track. Now I can work on this without worrying about the count being off. I always hate it when I have a bead looking at me when the rows done. Then I have to figure out what the heck I did wrong. So, when 3 rows had a bead off, I knew I was off. UGH But hey! I got it! This is 5 rows completed. Thank goodness. Now I'm ready to get moving on more. 

So, even when I have a hard time with my stitches, I still call it a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...