Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Better Photo Of My Finish!

This morning I wanted to do some cleaning up. So, I got laundry going and done. Then I had Patrick help me with a photo of the Snowman. 


 Patrick offered to show it off for me. lol It's done and Patrick put the rod through it. Looks great. 

Then I worked on a Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert. It turned out awesome! And grandma Wineland would be proud!

It was awesome too. Grandma W was the pie maker in the family. If someone said they were bringing a pie, she would bake one to show hers was better. 

After all that, I put the beads away from the snowman. Then I pulled out the beads for my next project. I will get started on that once I get the box done. 

I had put it away because there was a broken bead in there. So, I fixed the bead and worked on the seam. It came out pretty good, but as one can see, the point is rounded at one of the 6 points. I don't know how that happened because the beads line up fine on the outside. I'm not worried, because I will shape it and then put the lid on it. Once the lid is on, no one will know unless they open it. The lid will be that piece to the right of the box. I hope to finish it tomorrow. 

Today on the news, they were talking about getting rid of the word "Mother" on documents and put "Birthing Person." How degrading is that?? I hope history will put me down as "Mother" and not "Birthing Person." I'm insulted at the thought. 

Anyway, today turned out to be a great day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So funny, grandma would bake another pie to show hers was better! I've got several recipes for lemon meringue pies and plenty of lemons so maybe I should get busy.

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...