Thursday, August 12, 2021

Judging At The Fair

 This morning I headed over to moms. We then picked up Nancy and headed to the fair grounds. We arrived in time to get started. We were judging quilts by 9 am. There were quiet a few. 

This was my first time judging quilting. I found it went pretty good. I didn't have many that were "perfect" but at least 3 or 4 each division. Mom was lucky to get the hand quilted quilts to judge. I would have loved to have had those. I found a couple that were red ribbons but most I gave a blue. I found it fun to do. I enjoyed it. There were some really good quilts. Some had trouble with the binding, but most did an awesome job on the binding. I can tell David was part of that. It's a shame David is no longer with us. I did miss him today. I did learn a few things while watching mom. I did ask her help a couple times. She agreed with my judgement which made me feel good because she's been doing this for over 50 years now. 

I asked Rita how I did in my embroidery and she said "good." They wouldn't show me! lol - So, I will have to find them on Tuesday to see what I did. I did see that I got best of class on my beaded ornament. Not sure how I did on the Winter birds or the embroidery. That will have to wait. I think they are in two different categories. What fun!

After it was all over, I went home with mom and then came home. Mom called while I was getting supper at Safeway. She told me Nana has cancer. It's not good. She has a small part of her kidney working. It doesn't sound good at all. As I was telling Patrick, it sucks because we are around people and friends that have or had cancer. He's in the stack as well. 

When I got home, I decided to play a few games for a little bit. I enjoyed looking at my new book that arrived today. It's "Creative Stitching" by Sue Spargo. REALLY good book! I will use this more than the book I have for Brazilian embroidery. 

So, today was a good day! I enjoyed judging and hope to do it again next year. That makes it Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...