Monday, August 16, 2021

Trying To Finish

 Today started out with going to the grange to do Brazilian Embroidery. I didn't have anything ready to work on. I went through my stuff and pulled a couple things out, but I didn't take my box of floss. So, I didn't do anything other than a leaf on my doodle cloth. I enjoyed chatting with Sandy and Bev. 

Came home by way of Safeway. The shop called to say we could pick up the van. So, I got home grabbed a cheese stick and headed out the door. We picked the van up and headed back home. 

Then I sat to work on my beading. I really want to get this done, but it is going to take time. 

Three rows later, and I'm at this point. Next I need to finish 6 or 7 more rows. I'm hoping to do that this week. Unfortunately I will be at the fair tomorrow. 

Lewis County Commissioner Board called a special meeting today at 4 pm. They wanted to close the fair down. It starts tomorrow! So, the meeting took one and a half hours, but they decided to keep it going and post recommendations for everyone to mask up. They also needed to recommend all doors and windows in a building be open to circulate air. It's going to be interesting. Even though the board wanted to close the fair, 100 people showed up to stop them from closing it. It would cost the county a lot of money if they shut it down. I think they did it to save themselves from law suits. They tend to get a lot of those. Most unfounded. This way they are covering their rears. So, the fair goes on. I will get to see how I did with my embroidery and beading. 

I do enjoy being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...