Saturday, August 21, 2021

Working On A Top Again

 This morning Patrick was off to his golf tournament. I was going to enjoy the day to myself. I had a hard time trying to decide if I wanted to work on my beading or go downstairs. I know I need to get more tops done, so I headed downstairs. 

I was tired of seeing this on the wall. I decided to go down and get to work on it. 

Of course there are those days when things go wrong. At least this was the only thing that went wrong so far! I sewed the two square together twice. So, it was a roll and not two squares to make the border. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has fun doing stuff like this!

Talked to Nancy and we decided to go to the museum at 1 pm. Neither one of us realized that we were going when they had a car show.....so we had to go around and find a parking spot. Luckily it was just starting so we were able to park in the grass area by the train station. We then went through the quilts to see what we had and put labels for the quilts so that they didn't get mixed up. It was a quick trip and I came back the back way home. If I would have taken the freeway it would have been a pain. The traffic today was awful! I had to stop and go just to get to my exit for the museum. So, to be safe, I took the back roads. 

Then I went back downstairs to work on my quilt! I really wanted to have it done today, but I'm not going to rush it and mess it up like I did with the scrap quilt. Told Nancy just cut the last border off. 


Patrick got home just as I was putting the blue border on in the center. I need to add the borders, then I will add another blue border. I need to cut another 1" off the border though. It won't fit right now. I may take 1/2" and see if that will work. I want them to line up. I cut the border to the size I measured. I wanted to make sure I didn't do what I did on the last border. (Please excuse the chorine bottles and Pepsi cans - It's all next to the refrigerator down there. I really do need another area for my working wall. I'm happy with it so far. The scrap boarder is sewn together, so I know where I need to be to get the border added. Then I need to measure the sides and add the blue to that. 

I came upstairs to be with Patrick - little did I know we would be watching Seahawks preseason game. I'm really not into the preseason! So, we are sitting here watching that. 


I have been working on my sleeve on the back. I was able to get half of this done the other day. 


I added a few more rows. I was playing games at the same time so didn't get very far. After this row is done then I need two more. Then I will seam it together. Hopefully it will work out good. I'm still not sure I have a big enough opening. We will see in a day or two. Patrick will be golfing again tomorrow and I will be working at the fair. Plus I will be helping with closing down. Should be interesting. I may try to do some work tomorrow morning before I go. 

At least I had the best of both worlds. I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...