Sunday, August 22, 2021

Last Day At The Fair

Today Patrick headed off to golfing. I worked on my beading for a little bit before leaving. I started seaming the seam to the front. It's like a zipper. 

I headed over to the fair. Ended up in the farthest part of the parking lot. So, I'm taking a bag that isn't that heavy into the fair. Of course that is going to be heaver when I leave! I set up the station for our QOV honors. 


The sign is what Smiley did for us. 


We even had the photo frame going. It went well today. I hung around after to help with closing things up. I help with taking stuff down. Then I collected my stuff. I won a container for floss, which I gave to Patrick since I have that already. He can use it out in the garage. I also got an embroidery pattern, but it's not one I want to do, so will give it to someone who will. I checked my stuff and I got docked for the framing - the embroidery work was all done right. That make me fell good. I will work on the backs a little better next time. 

I packed up all my stuff. Had to make two trips to the car. I took the tub of papers and the easel to the car. Then I moved the car 5 lines in to be closer - yet not that close - to the entrance. I then took the 2 heavy bags back to the car when I left. I have quilts to take to the museum as well as the easel and box of stuff. 

Finally made it home at 8:30 and I'm beat. Bet I sleep really good tonight! It wasn't one of those day of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colour combination of your quilt . It turned out really pretty. But can't figure out the beading part.

6th Generation Quiilter, Crafter said...

Just found your comment. Thank you for the colour comment. Those quilts are from volunteers who made them. As for the beading part - my Santa ornament was the one that won grand champion. No bead work in my quilting. Thought about doing beading in quilts, but that would make it hard to wash.

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...