Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Finally Finished!!

 This morning we headed up to Olympia for Patrick's blood tests. Then stopped at Costco to pick up a few things. Once we did that, we headed home. First we needed to stop at Safeway to pick a few things up for mom as she is under the weather. She's been couching so much that her chest hurts. She finally went back into the doctors and they did a chest x-ray and gave her medication. We dropped her stuff off and then headed to Phil's to drop off a few things as well. 

Came home and sat out on the deck. I listened to my audio book. I was disappointed to find out the guy who was doing the narration had passed away and a new guy took his place. I loved the first guys voice in this series. 

I was able to finish this sleeve - not without problems. I found when I put that last row on last night, I had a few threads looped around the beads. So, I ended up taking out that next row 3x's before I could get moving again. 

Now it's done. Sorry about the photo - but it's dark in the house. I put it on the floor. 

My carpet is dark and lighting is awful but you get the idea. I will get a better photo tomorrow before I put it away for a little bit. I don't think I want to hang it just yet, but who knows what Patrick will do. He's been keeping an eye on this one. I don't think he will give this one away. 

Even with most of the afternoon gone, I was still able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Joanne in Massachusetts said...

It's very pretty.
I've never done beading. Do you frame something like this?

6th Generation Quiilter, Crafter said...

Just found you comment. Thank you! I love beading. I have not framed any of my work. I put a sleeve on the back of this one, and it will hang on the wall. My daughter thought I should frame it. I believe she is going to frame the polar bear I did. It will be interesting to see how she frames it. I have more to do, so who knows, I may frame them in the future. lol

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...