Friday, August 13, 2021

Meeting Day

 This morning I got stuff ready to go. I needed to take the QOV quilt to the museum. (Realizing at this moment - it's still in the car!)

I headed to moms. I had my applique work to take with me. I also took the quilt and something else. I arrived early and we were getting ready for everyone. I worked on my crackers and then worked on a dip for everyone. Once that was done I was watching Daisy in the yard. She ticked me off because she didn't want to come back in. It was already getting hot. Mom had 7 boxes of books delivered to her house that were quilt book. The AAUWA was selling books, and since quilt books don't really sell very well, they heard of mom and dropped them off. Quilters can look and buy the books at $2 hardback and a $1 for the paperbacks. I bought 2 books and paid $4. I thought they were worth it, since they are practically new. Then it was time to work on my piece. 


I was able to place this down and start attaching it to the fabric. There are some areas that don't need to be appliqued because the flower buds are going in there. The 2 that are on here, I put on before. It's already attached to the background flower. 


I need to iron it again before I do any more. 

Then it was time to leave. I headed to the museum where I picked up some business cards and magnets. I also dropped off tickets to the fair for Smiley. After that, headed to Faye's and dropped off her tickets to the fair. Gave her Debbie's as well. We chatted for a little bit and then I came home. 

It was still too hot, so we came downstairs after supper. We were going to the music at the park, but the heat was too much for me. Patrick said it was still too hot even for him, so we decided to stay home. 

I played games and enjoyed having Sophie on my lap. Wasn't in the mood to do much else. It was still a good day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...