Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Getting Ready For The Fair

 This morning Patrick was up early and out the door for golfing. I enjoyed having the morning to myself. I did do some cleaning. I wanted to get laundry going and I needed to clean the cat litter. (TMI - I know)

Then Patrick got home and I was telling him I needed to get the embroidery framed for the fair. He suggested we go to Michaels - because I needed to get a couple frames. We bought (buy one get two free) 3. You know how that works, they up the price and then sell it at a buy one get two free where you pay pretty close to the same price it was. I also picked up a couple hoops for a couple of my pieces. 

First I needed to sew the backing on with stuffing in the middle. Once I did that, I put a binding in it, where I could use the tie to tie it together. 

This is the back. I think I need to cut it off and make it smaller so it's closer to the frame. This way I can use it on another hoop if I want to. I'll think about whether or not I will do that. I will have to redo the binding and not sure if I want to go through that trouble right now. 

It turned out pretty good. I'm happy with it. This is now ready to be entered into the fair. I'll do the paperwork once I get the birds done. 

I then decided to fix the birds. I didn't like the eyes of any of the birds. I worked with Patrick on what size bead needed to be on the birds. I took the eyes out and then worked on stitching more. I found a couple birds needed more stitches to fill it in better. 


I filled in the top blue bird, fixed the head of the top white bird. Then I changed the eyes of all the birds. They have small white or black eyes. The brown bird on the bottom may need to get the black eye replaced with a white bead. I will do that tomorrow. They are small beads. The big bird in front may need a bigger bead or another bead next to it. I will think about that and do it tomorrow. 

Today turned out to be a good day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...